Wednesday, August 13, 2008

LEAVING ON A JETPLANE


My one week stay in Manila was an incredible experience. While there, Emman and I stayed at the Royal Mansion Towers in Wack Wack, Mandaluyong City. We had a great view of the Ortigas Center and also of the Wack Wack Golf Course. Paulo Mirasol stayed at the same place last summer when he was filming a movie there. It has already become the official residence of the Haris while in Manila compliments of Jojo Victorio.



The pool is on the rooftop. But we did not get a chance to swim because the weather and our schedule was not cooperating.



One thing I will surely miss in Manila is the great food and restaurants.



And the new friends we met. Byron Baleda is one of the supporters of Hari that we met online through Friendster. He's a very cool guy to hang out with. Here we are having dinner at Gilligans Glorietta in Makati with his pretty officemate.



Any opportunity we had, Emman and I would pig out like there was no tomorrow. Here we are at Mrs. Fields Cookies.



Yellow Cab Pizza, United Nations Ave., Malate



Triple V, SM Megamall



It does not show in this pic, but I'm very sad here. Final call for boarding has been announced for our flight going to Dumaguete at the new NAIA 3 terminal.



Boarding the Air Philippines flight that will take me back to Negros.



Hiding my emotions on the camera again.



Joking around with the pretty flight attendants.



Manila, I will surely miss you.



Up, up and away!



Flying over Mt. Makiling in Laguna.




Taal Volcano facing Tagaytay Ridge.



Marinduque



Quick! Where are the parachutes? I want to get off here in Boracay!



Bacolod City with the new airport in Silay City at the far left.



Bago City and Pulupandan



San Enrique, Pontevedra and La Carlota City



Hinigiran



Kabankalan City



The sandbars of Manjuyod



Bais City



Tanjay City



Judyville Subdivision in Sibulan



Touchdown, Dumaguete!



I wanted to be last to get off the plane. Maybe to cling on to whatever memories I have of Manila.


Negros, your King has returned.



Looking back, I can still remember the bright lights and the city skyline. Rekindling of old friendships and opening new chapters. But above all, the chance to be able to find my heart again.



"So kiss me, and smile for me. Tell me that you'll wait for me. Hold me like you'll never let me go. Cuz I'm leaving on a jetplane. Don't know when I'll be back again. Oh babe, I hate to go."

Proud to be a Negrense. Forever Hari ng Negros.



0 comments: